Monday, April 6, 2015

Married for life


So I just kind of stumbled across this book at Walgreens today. It was just hanging on an end-cap with some other books that I just thought were journals. It's a cute little find, and when i opened it up, it just kind of reminded of all the little things married couples have told me over the years. When it comes to marriage, I don't really think there's any magic formula, it is all pretty common sense, but it boils down to be the best person you can be for your partner. I think what happens is we do what's natural and that is, when we get busy, have kids, go to work, go to school, we accidentally start focusing on ourselves in an effort to try to provide for our spouse and for our family. Even in the best relationships, we innocently, and absently mindedly begin to forget who is most important to us. Which is our family, but somehow we make it seem, in our minds, like we are most important. What I really like about this book is how it simply states those concepts in a clear and concise manner. It's like one of those desk calendars where there's some sort of funny picture or quote for each day of the year. I believe there are about 50 to 100 of these "good ideas", and I wanna try to remember each of these little concepts on a daily basis, ponder them, write about them (here or in my personal journal) and really try to sponge up on a daily basis something  on how to take care of my wife and my family. It's a neat little book and am excited to see how it helps our relationship. Who knows, maybe it will just be a table book but I hope that we can really learn and grow from it. Check it out 

Married for life: inspiration from those married 50 years or more, Russ L. Potter, II, Bill Morelan
ISBN: 978-1-59530-329-5

No comments:

Post a Comment